Supporting Seth’s Law in California
What is bullying?
California’s state legislation defines bullying as, “any severe or pervasive physical or verbal act or conduct, including communications made in writing or by means of an electronic act, as defined, including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, hate violence, or harassment, threats, or intimidation, that has the effect or can reasonably be predicted to have the effect of placing a reasonable pupil, as defined, in fear of harm to that pupil’s or those pupils’ person or property, causing a reasonable pupil to experience a substantially detrimental effect on his or her physical or mental health, causing a reasonable pupil to experience substantial interference with his or her academic performance, or causing a reasonable pupil to experience substantial interference with his or her ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, or privileges provided by a school.”
Education solutions that support this law
Find out how our education solutions support this law, helping to create a safer online environment for all students.
NetSupport School – In-school classroom management
For over 25 years, NetSupport School is the market-leading multi-platform Classroom Management software solution for schools, supporting teachers with a wealth of assessment, monitoring, collaboration and eSafety features – to support effective learning in a safe environment.
- Authorized/restricted website and application lists can ensure students are focused and help minimize student distraction and access to inappropriate content.
- Monitor students’ current Internet use by viewing real-time thumbnails of their PCs to ensure they are on task – plus, teachers can create a record of Internet history use to be printed or saved for later reference.
- Real-time keyboard monitoring provides a simple view of each active student and their current keyboard input – a crucial aspect in detecting e-safety issues and can be used to identify inappropriate behavior.
- Teachers can show their screen or a student’s screen to demonstrate positive digital interactions while promoting appropriate technology use, helping to create good digital citizens.
- Student feedback mode allows teachers to gauge students’ wellbeing and get insight into whether they need extra support.
- The Technician Console allows schools to apply ‘always on’ internet, application, printing policies and more.
Subscribe to stay informed
Enter your details below to subscribe to our product updates and offer emails. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, click here.