Supporting Anti-bullying Legislation in Colorado
What is bullying?
Colorado’s anti-bullying legislation defines bullying as “any written or verbal expression, or physical or electronic act or gesture, or a pattern thereof, that is intended to coerce, intimidate, or cause any physical, mental, or emotional harm to any student. Bullying is prohibited against any student for any reason, including but not limited to any such behavior that is directed toward a student on the basis of his or her academic performance or against whom federal and state laws prohibit discrimination upon. This definition is not intended to infringe upon any right guaranteed to any person by the first amendment to the United States constitution or to prevent the expression of any religious, political, or philosophical views.”
Education solutions that support this law
Find out how our education solutions support this law, helping to create a safer online environment for all students.
NetSupport School – In-school classroom management
For over 32 years, NetSupport School is the market-leading multi-platform Classroom Management software solution for schools, supporting teachers with a wealth of assessment, monitoring, collaboration and eSafety features – to support effective learning in a safe environment.
- Authorized/restricted website and application lists can ensure students are focused and help minimize student distraction and access to inappropriate content.
- Monitor students’ current Internet use by viewing real-time thumbnails of their PCs to ensure they are on task – plus, teachers can create a record of Internet history use to be printed or saved for later reference.
- Real-time keyboard monitoring provides a simple view of each active student and their current keyboard input – a crucial aspect in detecting e-safety issues and can be used to identify inappropriate behavior.
- Teachers can show their screen or a student’s screen to demonstrate positive digital interactions while promoting appropriate technology use, helping to create good digital citizens.
- Student feedback mode allows teachers to gauge students’ wellbeing and get insight into whether they need extra support.
- The Technician Console allows schools to apply ‘always on’ internet, application, printing policies and more.