Supporting Bullying Laws in New Mexico
What is bullying?
New Mexico’s state anti-bullying legislation was strengthened to include the Safe Schools for All Students Act, Senate Bill 288, which defines bullying as meaning “any severe, pervasive, or persistent act or conduct that targets a student, whether physically, electronically, or verbally, and that: may be based on a student’s actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, spousal affiliation, physical or cognitive disability, or any other distinguishing characteristic; or an association with a person, or group with any person, with one or more of the actual or perceived distinguishing characteristics; and can be reasonably predicted to:
- Place a student in reasonable fear of physical harm to the student’s person or property;
- Substantially interfere with a student’s academic performance, attendance, or participation in extracurricular activities;
- Cause a substantial detrimental effect on a student’s physical or mental health;
- Substantially interfere with a student’s ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, or privileges provided by a school or school-affiliated entity.
“Cyberbullying” means any bullying that takes place through electronic communication.
“Electronic communication” means a communication transmitted by means of an electronic device, including a telephone, cellular phone, computer, electronic tablet, pager or video or audio recording device.
Education solutions that support this law
Find out how our education solutions support this law, helping to create a safer online environment for all students.
NetSupport School – In-school classroom management
For over 32 years, NetSupport School is the market-leading multi-platform Classroom Management software solution for schools, supporting teachers with a wealth of assessment, monitoring, collaboration and eSafety features – to support effective learning in a safe environment.
- Authorized/restricted website and application lists can ensure students are focused and help minimize student distraction and access to inappropriate content.
- Monitor students’ current Internet use by viewing real-time thumbnails of their PCs to ensure they are on task – plus, teachers can create a record of Internet history use to be printed or saved for later reference.
- Real-time keyboard monitoring provides a simple view of each active student and their current keyboard input – a crucial aspect in detecting e-safety issues and can be used to identify inappropriate behavior.
- Teachers can show their screen or a student’s screen to demonstrate positive digital interactions while promoting appropriate technology use, helping to create good digital citizens.
- Student feedback mode allows teachers to gauge students’ wellbeing and get insight into whether they need extra support.
- The Technician Console allows schools to apply ‘always on’ internet, application, printing policies and more.
Subscribe to stay informed
Enter your details below to subscribe to our product updates and offer emails. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, click here.