Supporting Bullying Prevention Legislation in North Carolina
What is bullying?
As defined by NC’s state legislation, “bullying is any pattern of gestures or written, electronic, or verbal communications, or any physical act or any threatening communication, that takes place on school property, at any school-sponsored function, or on a school bus, and that: (1) Places a student or school employee in actual and reasonable fear of harm to his or her person or damage to his or her property; or (2) Creates or is certain to create a hostile environment by substantially interfering with or impairing a student’s educational performance, opportunities, or benefits.”
Education solutions that support this law
Find out how our education solutions support this law, helping to create a safer online environment for all students.
NetSupport School – In-school classroom management
For over 32 years, NetSupport School is the market-leading multi-platform Classroom Management software solution for schools, supporting teachers with a wealth of assessment, monitoring, collaboration and eSafety features – to support effective learning in a safe environment.
- Authorized/restricted website and application lists can ensure students are focused and help minimize student distraction and access to inappropriate content.
- Monitor students’ current Internet use by viewing real-time thumbnails of their PCs to ensure they are on task – plus, teachers can create a record of Internet history use to be printed or saved for later reference.
- Real-time keyboard monitoring provides a simple view of each active student and their current keyboard input – a crucial aspect in detecting e-safety issues and can be used to identify inappropriate behavior.
- Teachers can show their screen or a student’s screen to demonstrate positive digital interactions while promoting appropriate technology use, helping to create good digital citizens.
- Student feedback mode allows teachers to gauge students’ wellbeing and get insight into whether they need extra support.
- The Technician Console allows schools to apply ‘always on’ internet, application, printing policies and more.