Supporting the ‘Jessica Logan Act’ in Ohio
What is bullying?
Ohio’s state legislation (H.B. 276), defines bullying as, “harassment, intimidation, or bullying as an intentional written, verbal, or physical act that a student has exhibited toward another particular student more than once and the behavior both (1) causes mental or physical harm to the other student, and (2) is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment for the other student.”
The Jessica Logan Act expands the definition to include cyberbullying by “specifically including acts committed through the use of a cell phone, computer, pager, personal communication device, or other electronic communication device.”
Education solutions that support this law
Find out how our education solutions support this law, helping to create a safer online environment for all students.
NetSupport School – In-school classroom management
For over 32 years, NetSupport School is the market-leading multi-platform Classroom Management software solution for schools, supporting teachers with a wealth of assessment, monitoring, collaboration and eSafety features – to support effective learning in a safe environment.
- Authorized/restricted website and application lists can ensure students are focused and help minimize student distraction and access to inappropriate content.
- Monitor students’ current Internet use by viewing real-time thumbnails of their PCs to ensure they are on task – plus, teachers can create a record of Internet history use to be printed or saved for later reference.
- Real-time keyboard monitoring provides a simple view of each active student and their current keyboard input – a crucial aspect in detecting e-safety issues and can be used to identify inappropriate behavior.
- Teachers can show their screen or a student’s screen to demonstrate positive digital interactions while promoting appropriate technology use, helping to create good digital citizens.
- Student feedback mode allows teachers to gauge students’ wellbeing and get insight into whether they need extra support.
- The Technician Console allows schools to apply ‘always on’ internet, application, printing policies and more.